Roast Pumpkin and Glazed Walnut Salad
Glorious colour to brighten up a dull day. This would be very good with some bacon lardons running through it, or topped with chopped feta or blue cheese or slices of taleggio. You could also dress it with toasted pumpkin seeds. As an alternative to pumpkin, use butternut squash
- 300g pumpkin, peeled and cubed 102 kcals
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil 62 kcals
- 1/2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar 3 kcals
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g walnut pieces 155 kcals
- 1 tbsp maple syrup 52 kcals
- 2 tbsp walnut or cider vinegar 6 kcals
- 75g rocket leaves 19 kcals
Preheat the oven to 180c (fan).
Put the cubes of pumpkin on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 25 – 30 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and starting to brown.
Heat the maple syrup and vinegar in a small pan until they are well combined then toss the walnut pieces in to coat thoroughly.
Dress the rocket with the pumpkin and walnuts, drizzling over any remaining dressing.
Per serving: kcals 199
Carbs 22g Fat 12g Protein 6g