I know it’s only February and the tomatoes and cucumbers will have to come from Spain or Morocco, but with a little bit of sunshine streaming in through the window, I really feel like having something summery.
This goes brilliantly well with meat or fish, or for a vegetarian option falafels would be wonderful.
Greek Salad with Feta and Olives
Making a salad like this always brings me happy memories – of holidays in Cyprus or meals at one of our favourite Greek restaurants in London. Of course it goes wonderfully well with Lemony Lamb Skewers (page 106) or Lemony Tuna Kebabs (page 99). No need to make a complicated dressing for a salad like this – a drizzle of fruity extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon is all you need.
- 1 Little Gem lettuce or romaine heart 15 kcals
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks 23 kcals
- 2 large or 4 medium tomatoes, sliced or halved 52 kcals
- 1/2 onion, sliced 22 kcals
- 50g feta cheese 132 kcals
- 8 black kalamata olives 45 kcals
- 1 tbsp flat leaved parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil 80 kcals
- 2 lemon wedges 4 kcals
Per serving: kcals 186 Carbs 15g Fat 13g Protein 6g
Please note: page references are to 5:2 Healthy Eating for Life – available on Amazon in print or kindle formats.