Ok, so this is not for a fast day! But a really lovely treat for the weekend, especially if you want to get into a bit of a Caribbean mood…
I realised as I was making this, that there are a couple of errors in the print and kindle editions currently, for which I apologise! I know I made it at least twice before publishing, so not quite sure how that happened. Here it is exactly as I made it today.
I don’t often use Agave nectar, but it is quicker to use than making a sugar syrup and lower in calories too.
Enjoy the wonderful Cuban combination of lime, rum and mint in this simple uncooked cheesecake-like dessert.
Write a review
- 20g unsalted butter
- 40g Amaretti biscuits
- juice of 1 lime
- 45ml white rum
- handful of mint leaves
- 20g agave nectar
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 75g cream cheese
- 4 thin slices of lime
- 4 sprigs of mint
- Melt the butter in a pan and then stir in the crumbled Amaretti, mixing well.
- Divide between 4 glasses, pressing down well and making the top even, then chill.
- Mix the lime juice, rum, chopped mint and agave nectar together and leave to infuse.
- Whisk the mascarpone and cream cheese together until smooth and thick.
- Strain the lime syrup and whisk into the cheese.
- Spoon over the biscuit bases and chill for at least an hour.
- To serve, top with slices of lime and mint leaves.
- You can use any kind of almond biscuits or a shortbread or digestive biscuit would also be fine.
- My calculations give 444 kcals per serving.
Focus on Flavour https://www.focusonflavour.com/