This Salmon dish is baked in the oven on a bed of shredded leeks. Ideal for a Fast Day dinner, served with some steamed vegetables.
Total Calories < 250 (for 80g portion of fish) including steamed veg.
I’m going to bake this in paper in the oven, to avoid using any extra fat (and calories)!
For two people:
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 salmon fillets (80g for me, 100 g for him)
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 slices of lime, halved
- a little chopped coriander leaf or parsley
- I also added a couple of sliced mushrooms and 4 tomatoes, to cook along with the fish inside the parcel
Heat oven to 180c. Put the leeks in the centre of a piece of baking parchment with the salmon on top. Spoon over the teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with spices. Top with the slices of lime. Bake for 20 minutes. Unwrap and sprinkle with herbs. Serve with a nice heap of steamed vegetables (e.g. broccoli, carrots, spinach, celeriac, mange tout).
For 4 people
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Hoisin or Plum Sauce (if not available, add 1tsp honey or maple syrup and a little Chinese five spice powder)
- 2.5cm root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp water
Mix all ingredients together and simmer in a small pan until the garlic and ginger have softened.
Leftovers can be stored for a few days in a covered container in the fridge. You can use this as a marinade for chicken, fish or tofu, or as a sauce in a vegetable stir-fry.
This recipe submitted to At Home with Mrs M! Mrs M’s Recipe Link Party – February