Shredded Sprouts Salad
A fresh and crunchy side dish that goes really well with cold turkey or ham
- 1/4 whole red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 15 ml lime juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 100 grams brussels sprouts finely shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 15 grams Tamari-roasted almonds roughly chopped (leave a few whole)
- 25 grams pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the onion for a few minutes and the add the garlic.
Cook for another minute or so and then add the mustard seed.
Mix this in a bowl with the lime juice, maple syrup and a little salt, then add the sprouts and herbs.
Drizzle the pomegranate molasses over the top.